Here are the hints to the questions from the Mad Scientist Quiz from earlier today. Questions will follow tomorrow.
1) This year’s present would have been difficult, possibly even illegal to purchase due to its volatility with oxygen at room temperature.
2) He is considered to be one of, if not the, most brilliant inventors of all time.
3) He is somewhat better known for his work in physics than optics.
4) Technically the theory was that the thing in question did so attached to beetles.
5) The association was tenuous – all three were project names for Mac products.
6) Quite possibly the most famous (certainly most recent high-profile) portrayal was done by David Bowie.
7) The cookbook is too radioactive to be safely handled.
8) Not the Richard Saunders of Skeptic Zone fame, but he of Poor Richard’s Almanac.
9) His most famous politically incorrect statement “Our hope is that everyone is created equal, but people who have to deal with black employees find this not true” – is a terrible mis-quote which extremely mis-represented his intention and mortified the alleged speaker.
10) More specifically it was a gland.